Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Thursday, July 21, 2011

If you have a minute, why don't we go?

I am in disbelief that I will be attending New Teacher Orientation for my school in just over a week! I will be teaching at a brand new charter school which is scheduled to be completed Aug 12 (fingers crossed), as I have mentioned before. This charter school organization requires all new teachers to the charter to attend a week long seminar in MI. Lucky for me.. it will only be a short bus ride with my fellow colleges and teachers from the other new schools being built in MI... I feel for those flying in from NY, CO, IL, OH, etc.... I would not want to come to MI right now when the heat index is 107!!!! YUCK.

I'm looking forward to learning the curriculum for my school, and their classroom management ways... but I am also nervous it's going to be information OVERLOAD!! It has however given me an "excuse" to go shopping for new teacher clothes :)

Has anyone ever had to do anything like this before? Any suggestions? Thanks!!


Ps. The GIVEAWAY ends tomorrow!!

7 comments:

Bonnie Walton said...

I love orientations and getting all of the new information! They make me really excited...then I remember that I don't like the information overload! I always leave feeling really overwhelmed. My best advice is to remember that you will be the best you can be and that not everything has to be perfect on day 1. I've put up tape before and 'Under Construction' signs. Not sure if that helps, but have fun! :)

Alessia Albanese said...

I am sure you will be great! Have fun and have fun learning (that's important too!).

Alessia
Mrs. Albanese’s Kindergarten Class

Mrs. Lochel said...

You'll be great!! Just remember why you are doing what you're doing....the children! And, take a notepad to jot down all your ideas. Don't just assume you'll remember them all. What is overwhelming for me at these types of things is not necessarily the information they give you--- but all of your ideas that will stem from it! Have fun!

Mrs. Collins' Kindergarten said...

what charter school do you work for that brings people in from all over? most of the charters here are local. have fun, i am sure it will be fine!

Jennifer @ Simply Kinder said...

I too decided to leave this year and join a new campus/district. I have felt from the moment I stepped on my previous school that I was doing a disservice to kids (like extreme stories of handing out cookies to smart kids!) This district paid well above other district in our state and even gave us a retroactive raise last year! But it finally got to me and I had to leave.

So I am taking a huge paycut, I will begin working without a contract, and have not been past the office at my new school! I am terrified. I have switched schools a few times but this time I feel really unprepared because I don't know anything about the school.

Good luck. Sometimes new is better!

Empowering Little Learners!

Miss Megan said...

Thank you all for the tips and encouragement! Mrs. Collins... I work for a school through the National Heritage Academies, they are in many states but the headquarters is in MI!

http://www.nhaschools.com

Jennifer, I'm sure it will work out for the best!

Mrs. Collins' Kindergarten said...

We have a NHA school here in Toledo. My friends kids attend. I had an idea that is what it was! Best of luck!

Post a Comment

 
Free blog design by Adori Graphics using the Playful digiscrapping kit by Adorible Digital Designs