Anything you'd like to confess about your first days/ weeks/ months of your school year?
Confessions of a 1st year Kindergarten teacher:
1. I ate 7 donuts in the last 2 days... I'm attributing it to stress eating!
2. I had a nightmare about a student in my class last night.
3. If I have to say "That's not my name that's my job" one more time responding to "TEACHER!" I may explode.
4. Daily hugs from my students make my days better.
5. Dismissal in the sheeting rain is NOT okay.
6. I ate a rice krispie treat while teaching my math lesson last week because I didn't get to eat lunch, and all the kiddos stared.
7. When a parent tells me "you're doing a great job, my daughter comes home every day so excited about school" it reminds me of why I teach :)